Accident / Incident Investigation (collaboration with LOOMEX) - Chilliwack, BC
08:30 - 16:30
Accident/Incident Investigation (2-day) Workshop
How you will benefit
This 2-day workshop, presented in collaboration with The Loomex Group, is designed to provide participants with the fundamental knowledge and skills to assist in or conduct a general accident/incident investigation.
This course identifies the basic step-by-step procedure for approaching the scene and performing the investigation. Participants are immersed in a mock accident/incident investigation and the objectives are tested by practical demonstration and the preparation of a simple accident report.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the accident investigation process for an accident/incident, including elements of preparedness, response, scene preservation and evidence collection and report preparation.
- Work safely at an accident/incident site.
- Conduct witness interviews and collect evidence from a variety of relevant sources.
- In the case of a workplace accident/incident, perform an analysis of evidence to develop a no-blame report of what occurred and recommendations for future prevention.
- Collect evidence using the four P’s – People, Parts, Position and Paper
- Work successfully alongside other interested parties including emergency services, coroner, media, families and regulatory authorities.
The Workshop is designed for: