Virtual Workshop Description
This Company Aviation Safety Officer (CASO) Virtual Workshop is now spread over 2 full days and is designed to familiarize the candidate to the various roles, responsibilities, and duties of a Company Aviation Safety Officer. The training material covered meets the requirements of CAR’s 705.153, 573.32, 302.505, as well as CARs 723.07(2)(a)(i)(c).
The workshop consists of live webinar sessions supported by pre course reading material, detailed sample workflows and supporting documentation.
New- Due to customer feedback and high demand for more case studies and examples in the CASO sessions we have decided to extend the workshop to a 2 full day session in order to provide more in-depth explanations of key concepts and processes. We have also added multiple case studies and examples.
Day 1- 8 hours
• Review of the roles and responsibilities of a safety officer, including required skills and knowledge
• Explanation of accident causation using the Reason’s Model as a method to better understand why accidents occur
• Discussion on risk management dealing with different aspects such as how to conduct risk management activities and how to communicate risk
Day 2- 8 hours
• Explanation of the Shell Model and its use in accident investigation
• Discussion on the importance of a good reporting system and the various benefits and limitations
• Explanation of the key differences between safety audits and safety surveys and when they are applicable
• Review of the importance of a good Emergency Response Plan including what constitutes a good plan, what elements it needs as well as how to test it.
• $850 – regular price • $680 – for CCAA partners
Upon completion of this virtual workshop, participants will possess a thorough understanding of the key skills, knowledge and activities that an active safety officer must possess.
Sohini Famili- Manager, Skills Development & Partnerships
Phone: (613) 727 8272 x 232
Email : email@example.com